Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Sanity

Dispensable sanity, how dare you cry again. That
bulldozer took you from me.
Insurmountable loss engaging memories
teasing me, flogging me
with their unconscionable words spoken
One after the other,
one after the other,
this black hole undertones
the swallowing surrogate in my mind.
Give me my arm so I can touch it!
Give me my leg so I can feel it!
Why interrupt me fool?
You the plotters of distortion's.
Twirling untroubled hair
tasting the delight of your victims
with bellies nourishing empty.
Human garbage, they say.
Tongues licking their facade
where flakes of the limp have fallen.
Sanity had tried.
Dearest tender scraps, how could I dismiss you?
Fear the precision of repressed hope
carving and languishes still.
But where has the other been?

They say, "Engaging sanity, my dear."








8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just reedited this poem. It may get another change before I think of it as done. ~Raven

Anonymous said...

When I read this, I envision a game being played by the concept of sanity, hope, despair, mind, fear, courage. Each one denotes a tactic that plays dirty and fair.
My humble visual vision of your words~~
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, I agree. It is a game in the mind. I think everyone has felt it at least once in their life. Thank you for your editing opinions, I will change those mistakaes. ~raven

Anonymous said...

Dispensable sanity....This reminds me of a battle we all endure to keep our sanity amongst the advance of technology, wars, cruelty. There is a constant something always ready to steal bits of us without warning. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Please, Please,Please drop the music!!!!!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard/

Anonymous said...

thanks for comenting in my journal I love your poems and cant wait to read more. ~Krystal

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie, I hope all is good, haven't seen you around on here.  Talk to you later.

Hugs,
Christina

Anonymous said...

 - MAKE-OVER -  

She got herself an
ankle tattoo, one with a
scalloped ribbon. And

PURR-manent makeup
-highly-unremovable!,
a hair weave, then an

Italian Cut, and
finally, don'cha know...The
Ring!...left nipple...No! -

Finally!, don'cha
know, she gave a look and there
made Open her Heart!

                           H.e.m.
                           2.23.MMv
                           (Revised - 6.3.MMvi)



- POBRECITA -

At "Intake/Eval," the
battered young, single-
Mother of 6,

queried on her understanding
of the importance of
"Phyto-nutrients," replied candidly,

"Sure, yes, I don't like
doing it, but we have to have
dog food a lot!"

                    H.e.m.
                    10.3.MMvi

http://journals.aol.com/hberrygrove/the-h.e.m.-line.../